Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chipboard alteration tutorial by Marie-Josée

Hello all!

Today, I have a quick and easy chipboard alteration tutorial for you.

Here's the layout I created with the altered chipboards. I used chipboards from the Shabby Brick Bits set and the Good Vibes set.

We usually prime our chipboards with white gesso, but for this layout, I used black gesso instead to create another effect.


To alter your chipboard, you will need:

- Black gesso
- A sponge
- Various colors of Faber-Castell Gelatos (choose them according to the colors of your project: here, I used white, metallic blue and metallic pink)
- Paintbrush
- Water

1) Alter your chipboard with black gesso. Apply it with the sponge, it's easier and less messy. Let dry or dry with a heat gun.



2) Apply various colors of Gelatos randomly on your chipboard.



3) Dip your paintbrush in the water and blend the colors. Don't use too much water. Let dry or dry with a heat gun. Once dry, if needed, add more color.



Here are some close-up views of the altered chipboard on my layout.




2 comments:

  1. Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweets would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers...Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete