Sunday, April 13, 2014

Three rainbow projects by Marie-Josée

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans!

I hope you are doing great. Today, I will show you three different projects featuring the colors of the rainbow. The weather has been bleak here recently, so I needed a bit of color.

"Happiness" layout


I will start by explaining to you how I created the squares, because it is a technique you can use on any Blue Fern Studios chipboard. For this layout, I used plain cardboard. I covered it with gesso using a sponge and used my heat gun to create texture (small bubbles). Then, I painted each square with three different colors of Twinkling H2O watercolors, starting with the lightest color in the middle of each square. You can also create a similar effect with any watercolor paint ou even with Gelatos.

 

Then, I used black gesso to alter my title, Happiness (from the Good Vibes set) as well as the two chipboards from the Mixed Chains set. I used a sponge to apply my gesso: it's quicker and less messy.

Here are some close-up views of my layout:




"Family" fun layout

 It took me a lot of time to create this layout, but since I like the end result, I am OK with it!

First, I colored each row (diagonally) of the Quatrefoil panel with various colors of Silks acrylic glazes. You have to be patient, because you will need two coats of paint for the lightest colors.


Then, I used some Dylusions mists to add color to my background. I protected my background with scrap paper and sprayed each row, one at a time. I had to use a lot of scrap paper because it would become wet and I did not want to have stains all over my layout.

Here are some close-up views of my layout:


"Love" card

For this card, I used chipboards from the Memory Frames and Berry Stems sets, that I also altered with black gesso. The background was made with watercolor paper, Twinkling H2Os and various mists.




7 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Simply fantastic! Love the color blocks and then came the next layout and that was even more amazing! Thanks for the tutorial on how to create these wonderful color creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them so much! love the vibrant colors on the LOs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...your bold use of colour on these vibrant projects is brilliant...love them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the projects. The bold colors, the attention to detail!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! I especially love the squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous creations using color in a beautiful way!!!

    ReplyDelete