Sunday, August 2, 2015

Paisley and Vine with Jelissa

Happy Sunday friends!

We had a very enjoyable evening by the Bay on Saturday watching the aerial and fireworks display for our 50th National Day celebrations rehearsal with friends. It's actually our first time going all the way out for National Day festivities and the kids were just having a blast. Now, taking a break on Sunday and popping in to share my creations for Blue Fern Studios, using the new Paisley and Vine collection. I've kept my layouts and clusters to a minimum because of the strong lines and patterns in the papers. This collection is quite different from the others in terms of color and design and I had to approach it with a slightly different style, but that's all what is so fun about playing with different papers!

First up, here is Michele's sketch for the August challenge. You can check out the rest of the DT's work here.



And my take on it:



Keeping things really simple here because there are lots of gorgeous images on the paper itself that I didn't want to cover.

Close-ups:



Title using a piece from "Playing Cards".



Mod Squares chipboard pieces which I coloured with gelatos.



Lots of stamping and heat embossing to create a textured background with the Journey Stamp set.

Blue Fern products used:
Paisley and Vine collection - Playing Cards, Nature, Passion
Mod Squares
Journey Stamp set

Next I have my Educator video, made also with the Paisley and Vine collection. 



I layered both papers and chipboards, and made my own rosettes as well from different sheets in the collection. The papers themselves were so detailed and colorful that I didn't feel the need for additional embellishments other than the chippies and rosettes.

Some close-ups:



Using the centre negative piece as a pop up.



Keeping themes consistent with sun bursts in the background under my Radiant Burst chippies and black microspheres on both chipboard and background.



A title piece from "Playing Cards".

And here is the start to finish video:




Blue Fern products used:
Paisley and Vine papers - Bohemian, Nature, Playing Cards, Pathway, Splendour, Vineland, Whimsy
Paisley and Vine flowers
Radiant Bursts
Forever Stamp Set

I hope you have enjoyed what I shared here. Have a great week ahead!

love,

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page Jelissa! Love these papers! Have them coming in a shipment can't wait till they get here! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete