Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nicole's Seaside Cottage Inspirations


Hello!  Nicole here with you today to share with you my August creations,
all featuring the newest Blue Fern Studios collection called Seaside Cottage!

This collection evokes such a calm, soothing Summer feel, with its beautiful sea-themed papers and lovely coordinating marine chipboard pieces.  Seaside Cottage is definitely a MUST-HAVE paper line to document all your Summer holiday memories which I have done this month.

Island Time


My very favorite paper from this collection is this one called Mermaid.  I have decided to use it as my background for this page featuring a splendid shot of the sailing ship L'Esperance as it was in passage in our area a few years past.  The Island Time title was perfect to go along with the photo.  I created an ombre effect on the chipboard by using 3 shades of embossing powder: In the Navy, Nutmeg and Oatmeal.


I made use of many Blue Fern Studios flowers, some of which from the latest sets designed to go along with this paper line and a few from the Tranquil set.  I added a combination of blue and copper microbeads as well as splatters of different paints to give my page a mixed media touch.


Below, you can see the gorgeous Seaside Flourish and the larger lantern from the Seaside Lanterns set.


I removed the center from the navy blue Seaside Roses to replace it with a brad and decorated my flower cluster with a Whimsy Flourish covered in Oatmeal embossing powder.


Some magnificent papers and chipboard for a magnificent photo!



Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned papers: Seaside Cottage (Mermaid, Relics, Gala)
Chipboard: Island Time title, Seaside Flourish, Seaside Lanterns, Whimsy Flourishes
Flowers: Seaside Roses, Seaside Lilies, Tranquil Blooms
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (In the Navy, Oatmeal, Nutmeg)


Summer Vacation


I love creating double-page layouts and I had just the right pictures for this one, to go along with these beautiful papers.  I took these shots during our family Summer vacation in PercĂ©, Quebec two years ago.  Yves was walking on the seashore admiring from afar the famous Rocher PercĂ©.

I choose to use the Summer Vacation chipboard piece as my title and covered it in layers of Stellar Night, Blue Sky, Breeze and Snow embossing powders.


I decorated my page with beautiful blue Seaside Lilies and ivory Seaside Roses along with other flowers from my own stash.  I added pieces of Crackle Bits, covered in Auburn embossing powder, behind my flower clusters to give the illusion of fishing nets.


This is a fabulous new piece called Seashell Frame which I decide to cut in half... using the top half on top of my photo strip and the bottom half peaking out from below.


I sprinkled a little Autumn glitter around my flower clusters and I added some white and blue shimmery paints on my background and embellishments as well as turquoise mist.


I absolutely love this quote to go along with the photos of Yves... 
a boy playing on the sea-shore... :)



Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned papers: Seaside Cottage (Splendor, Voyage, Gala, Calling Cards)
Chipboard: Summer Vacation title, Seashell Frame, Seaside Lanterns, Crackle Bits
Flowers: Seaside Roses, Seaside Lilies
Stamp: Essential Textures
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Stellar Night, Blue Sky, 
Breeze, Snow); Glitter (Autumn)


The End of a Perfect Day


My final layout this month features a super sweet photo of my niece Ella standing ashore, at the end of a perfect day, just before sunset. I used the Icicle embossing powder on the title with a bottom layer of Chili Powder which I found was perfect to go along with the color of the sand on the picture.

Wanting to showcase as much different patterned papers on my layout as possible, I created several tags and slipped them along the ripped and distressed diagonal edge of my page.


Below, you see a piece of the Frolic Mesh covered in Seamist embossing powder to adorn the Blue Fern Studios blooms.


This gorgeous image from the Calling Cards paper went beautifully with my photo and page.
I lined it up with some fussy cut shells and the dolphin from the Ocean Mermaid set.


Also from the Ocean Mermaid set is this fabulous piece on which I used, from the tail tip to the bust, Clover, Peacock, Seamist and Icicle embossing powders.


Oh, how I love this picture!  It seems like the perfect end to my reveal today, showcasing the gorgeous Seaside Cottage line! I hope you have enjoyed my 3 sea-themed projects just as much as I've enjoyed creating them.  I have to say that this DT reveal is my favorite of mine so far.



Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned papers: Seaside Cottage (Whitewash, Regalia, Gala, Calling Cards)
Chipboard: The End of a Perfect Day title, Ocean Mermaid, Frolic Mesh
Flowers: Seaside Lilies, Attic Charm Daisies, Tranquil Roses & Lilies
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Seamist, Clover, Peacock, Icicle, Chili Powder)


1 comment: