Monday, November 21, 2016

November Inspiration By Debbie

Hi everyone!  Debbie here with you today to share my November projects for Blue Fern Studios.   It's cold outside today.  Over the weekend temperatures dropped a good 20+ degrees.  Cloudy grey skies only make me realize what is coming . . . winter and along with winter comes snow.  Not quite ready for that yet.  I do admit that I love looking at the falling snow, especially when it leaves a blanket on the ground as well as the bushes and trees,  With that image in my mind I created the following layout using the new Vintage Christmas Collection 2.

I used the Let It Snow paper for the background.   I did some light inking with pink ink as well as misting with a mint green mist, along with some masking, microbeads and stamping some of which included the Forever Stamp.  I wanted to add lots of texture to the background.  My picture is framed with the Dangled Flakes Chipboard which I embossed with Imagine Ink Snow Embossing Powder and added some snow texture paste along with some chunky glass glitter.

Lots of beautiful Blue Fern Flowers from the Christmas Blooms and Soft Blossoms collections along with a piece from the Layering Stems and Mystic Branch Chipboard which I embossed with Antique Gold and added some Vintage Gold Glitter.  I added some snow texture paste to all of the flowers to mimic the branches in the picture.

Love these beautiful new flowers!!! The little placard "Let It Snow" is from the Calling Cards paper.

The Title is from Serendipity Words.  I embossed with Snow, Antique Gold and Sea Mist Embossing Powders.

Blue Fern Studios Products:
Paper:  Vintage Christmas 2:  Let It Snow, Calling Cards
Chipboard:  Dangled Flake, Layering Stems, Mystic Branch, Serendipity Words 2
Embossing Powder:  Snow, Antique Gold, Sea Mist
Flowers:  Christmas Blooms, Soft Blossoms
Glitter:  Vintage Gold

My next two layouts are from the Memories Collection.
I love creating vintage layouts.  I came across the picture on Pinterest and thought it was fitting for the title.
I used the Grand Sequel paper for my background.  I added some peach ink and stamping, including the Blue Fern Grungy Grid stamp.  Lots of layers under the picture using the Calling Cards paper.

The top and bottom right hand side of the picture I used the Formal Corners Chipboard.  I embossed with some brown from my stash along with Imagine Ink Ginger and Breeze Embossing Powders.  Love the aged look to the corners. Tucked under the picture to the right I used the Mina's Border Chipboard, embossed with brown and Ginger.

Gorgeous flowers from Harvest Lilies, Memories Blooms and Tranquil Blooms!

I used the same treatment on the title as I did with the Formal Corners, a mixture of brown powder from my stash and Ginger and Breeze Imagine Ink Embossing Powders.

Blue Fern Studios Products:
Paper:  Memories Grand Sequel, Calling Cards
Chipboard:  Formal Corners, Mina's Border, A Story Worth Telling
Embossing Powder:  Ginger, Breeze
Flowers:  Harvest Lilies, Memories Blooms, Tranquil Blooms

My final layout was created for a friend and features her adorable daughter.
I used the Remember When paper for the background.  I added some light blue inking along with some random stamping.  Beneath the picture I've added a backing from the Calling Cards paper and placed the picture on the Mandala Frame Chipboard which I embossed with Mushroom Imagine Ink Embossing Powder. Lots of beautiful flowers from the Memories Blooms collection.

Here is a close up of the Mandala Frame.  I added some mircobeads and Sunshine Glitter for texture.

Tucked beneath the flowers is a Mini Flourish Chipboard embossed with Mushroom Embossing Powder.

I kept the title rather simple, inking it blue and adding some stamping.  Here you can see the vibrant flowers from the Memories Blooms.

Blue Fern Studios Products:
Paper:  Memories Remember When, Calling Cards
Chipboard:  Mandala Frame, Big Drama, Mini Flourishes
Embossing Powder:  Mushroom
Flowers:  Memories Blooms
Glitter:  Sunshine

I hope I've inspired you.
Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment